LFA Café

LFA Café

Register

Like this guy want to see him again how?
Read 8516 times 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
December 19, 2001, 10:34:39 PM
­ Dear MaryAnne,
Ever since the first day that "B" started at my company two months ago, I have been secretly dreaming about him and wanting more than just a friendship. We work in separate departments on separate floors. I have managed to get accquainted with him and we have exchanged emails and hallway small talk. Last week I invited him to go have lunch with me but he declined saying that he would love to go next week instead. So the week past and I finally got an email from him on Thursday asking me to lunch! I was so happy! Friday finally came and we met up for lunch. I took him to a Vietnamese restaurant because he never had it before. I found out a lot about him and the conversation flowed. He's chinese but grew up totally americanized. We went back to work and had tentative plans to go to our company's social after work. This guy makes me feel like I'm Ally McBeal when he's around with the heart pumping outloud and my tongue just rolling out of my mouth. I haven't felt like this in so long.... But at the social we sat and just talked the hours away...drinking and laughing. We had an awesome time but it didn't stop there. We ended up going to see a Oceans 11 with each other too!!! During the movie he put his arm around me and we ended up just holding hands. It was so sweet. After the movie we walked hand in hand in the rain to a nearby restaurant to eat. I had paid for lunch earlier and for the movie & dinner he wouldn't let me pay even though I insisted on splitting. We had a great time and it was so romantic...He then walked me to where my dad was parked to pick me up. He insisted on saying hi to my dad and was a complete utter gentleman! We said goodbye as he closed my door for me. I have been on cloud 9 since friday night and now I have so many thoughts running through my head. He didn't ask me for my number, i wonder where do i go from here? How am i suppose to act? should i act as though nothing happened? Was friday night a date? Does holding hands constitute as "dating"... we never talked about relationships or anything that night. I just don't want to assume anything. I'm nervous about going to work. What do I expect? I emailed him this:

Subject: A little hello...
Hey you : ) I just wanted to say Thanxs so much for a fun time the other night. Everything was great and so was the company.
signed-me

and his resonse:

You're welcome. I'm glad we went out. Thanks for the new dining experience at lunch, too. ;)

and that's it!!! Nothing more...nothing less. Very vague. I thought it meant something. Any advice would help. Thank you! what do i do?
-nervously waiting.

Where you know you can come for Professional, personal, right on target advice, life skills, crisis intervention,ask questions, confide in guaranteed help. With all the traps, scams, perverts and sites out there that are very unsafe, this site is your safe place. I have been doing this for 10 years.

December 19, 2001, 10:35:36 PM
­ Boston:

Well, you did have a very old fashioned evening out didn’t you, how beautiful and romantic. I am so glad you got to have what I would consider a “dream come true”. Where you wanted a movie like experience to come out of a guy you like at work but had no indication he would do anything about it. Then he came through with all that you could have asked for.
Now, why do you have to push? Like a fine wine or a flower just let it sit and let it grow as it is going to do no matter what you do. If this is supposed to be more it will and if it isn’t it won’t. You are the woman and he is the man, you are not God or the “matchmaker”. Don’t assume you have more power over life and how things go in life than you do. That is one of the “rules” of nature. All things go just as they are going to go in spite of we human trying with all that we are to bungle things up. Somehow they work out.
You like him and your adrenaline is flowing along with your imagination but you need to remember life and people have their own time schedule that is not yours and both have their own agenda that also may not be yours.
Instead of saying ok wasn’t that great, now where do we go from here and what’s the next step towards a relationship, just your letter scared me and I am not even the guy. Slow down, enjoy what you had let it be. Let it set with him. You don’t have to do anything. You let him know in no uncertain terms that you were attracted to him and he responded by asking you out to lunch and turned it into a whole evening with wonderment on both your sides. Any more approaches, contacts, would be pushy and would make me pull away if I were him. He knows Boston, just leave it alone. Your email was a nice “FINAL” touch. Go back to work and to life. It is now up to God, fate, mother nature, him what happens next if anything. But the last person it is up to now is you. You would just embarrass yourself and take away all the beauty of your day together.
I have had many perfect “one” dates and looking back if I had pushed or done any thing else it not only would have never worked out because of where the guy was in his life but it would have ruined the “one perfect day.”
So, my advice is to just let everything be as it is and as it was on that day. Anything more and you are going to just look desperate. He is a grown man, with his own mind he will do what he wants to do.
Good luck, let me know what happens,
MaryAnne

Where you know you can come for Professional, personal, right on target advice, life skills, crisis intervention,ask questions, confide in guaranteed help. With all the traps, scams, perverts and sites out there that are very unsafe, this site is your safe place. I have been doing this for 10 years.