LFA Café

LFA Café

Register

shyness
Read 4850 times 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
* February 07, 2002, 09:45:26 PM
how do i over come shyness

keri cook

February 08, 2002, 03:18:51 PM
­ Keri:

I thank you first for writing and for looking for some answers to what if obviously a real crisis in your life. Well, first if I or anyone had the answer to that question we would be rich. I get at least one or more letters a day from teens both guys and girls about shyness from just can’t ask someone out to almost complete paralysis. Some of shyness is just age and the time of our life with the peer pressure. You are in the toughest part of your life. That is why I have focused most of my work on adolescents. I don’t have a formula for getting over shyness but I was thinking about starting an on line group for shy teens. I figure this is a real safe place for shy people to get together and try to work through their issues with other shy people. Out of all of you, you will each have something to offer the other. I have found that when you have several people with the same problem they really can find answers from talking to each other. It worked for me with some of my problems with being disabled. What do you think? Should I start a group and we find out if we can find the answers through what everyone else has experienced? Also the ability to be with others like you or worse you might could help someone. It gives you a safe place to try out things that you just couldn’t do in person with other teens that know how you feel and will support you through the experience. I would be there just to keep it focused and guide you all to the solutions. Because I can tell you there are solutions many people have overcome shyness even to the extreme. Tell me what you think would it help you?

As far as your specific question shyness is a wide variety of many things with lots of ways of playing out in people’s lives. You need to write a more specific details about what you can and can not do and what happens when you try or when someone approaches you what happens. Tell me what your feelings are about yourself and how you see yourself compared to others?
That way I can answer your question as it applies to your situation. Otherwise I have no idea what you are shy about or how it plays out in your life. So write on here or at MaryAnne@lookingforadvice.org and tell me about you and how you are shy. There are many answers so it wouldn’t be a waste of time. I have helped many teens get over their specific problems with shyness.
I am glad you wrote and are reaching out that took some guts to do that so you can get over at least some parts of shyness because you took the first step.
I hope to hear from you about your shyness and what you think about the group.
MaryAnne

Where you know you can come for Professional, personal, right on target advice, life skills, crisis intervention,ask questions, confide in guaranteed help. With all the traps, scams, perverts and sites out there that are very unsafe, this site is your safe place. I have been doing this for 10 years.