LFA Café

LFA Café

Register

How do I get over my boyfriend?
Read 8187 times 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
* May 13, 2002, 10:45:20 PM
­I am in a relationship that hurts me more than I enjoy it. I love my man to death, but the long distance thing is getting to me. I want to know how I can not feel so clingy to my boyfriend. How I can get over him. I just want a regular relationship. I don't want every move of his to affect my emotional state. I am looking for some real advice. Something aspiring..I need to get over my boyfriend...and live my life...till he is able to be with me. Please help if you can!
Justine

* April 09, 2005, 11:44:53 AM
­I am probably not of any help to you at all...but was basically looking for the same advice you are. I know I need to leave my borfriend and move on but I don't know how. ERveryone makes it out to be so easy...."He treats you so badly just leave!" I WISH! So let me know what type of advice you got???? I NEED HELP!

* April 21, 2005, 07:32:40 PM
­ my bff is dating my ex boyfriend what should i do i need advice

molly whirley

April 21, 2005, 11:52:02 PM
­ Molly:

Your heart may be broken but yours is easy to say what to do. Drop them both. Who needs friends or b/f's like that?Find faithful friends and true/blue guys who want only you. They are out there and they are looking for you too. But if you go back to either of these you can never trust either of them again and you can never be sure if they are still seeing each other on the side or thinking of the other when the three of you are together. I would cry my tears and realize if either really had cared about me this wouldn't have happened. It has nothing to do with you. It has to do with what is lacking in them so don't take it personally even though I know you will (smile). But cry it out, hurt it out just don't go back and find a guy that is good enough for you and you can always find a great best friend, that I know. Just get out into life again and start having fun it will all fall into place and before you know it you will have a great best friend and a honey of a b/f and the two that betrayed you will have broken up. I will bet ya for sure. Anyway I am sorry this has happened to you but we all go through it. In fact I think I took someone else's share and mine. But I made it and now can't touch me I know I will make it. I don't settle for less and I make sure he hits the floor first in love. Always get a guy who loves you more and is the giver. You be the taker and enjoy the love being given to you.
There isn't much to advise on a situation like yours. It is pretty black and white. You have an old story. You lost your two best to each other yet they weren't your two best or it wouldn't have happened. You just found out in time thank goodness. But I can say the sooner you believe what I am saying, dry your tears, realize it wasn't you and get back out there the sooner you will have forgotten the pain and will have that smile back on your face and guys everywhere that you can stay up half the night talking to your best friends about.
I promise it will all come back and better this time.
Let me know if you need any more help or you have more problems with getting over this. You are better than this do it you can do it.
Write and let me know what you decide and what happens as I always care what happens to those who write and if I can help any or just be there for support and for you to write to.
You just let me know OK?
You are better off you will see that by this summer,
Mary-Anne

Where you know you can come for Professional, personal, right on target advice, life skills, crisis intervention,ask questions, confide in guaranteed help. With all the traps, scams, perverts and sites out there that are very unsafe, this site is your safe place. I have been doing this for 10 years.

* April 24, 2005, 12:26:35 PM
­ but the guy stills talks to me and wants to be friends what should i do

molly whirley

May 14, 2005, 05:47:27 PM
­ Molly:

Well, it is all according to how much you care about yourself. If you want to be used and abused stay in contact with him and let him have his cake and eat it too. He has her and you and doesn't even have to sneak or lie about it. Or you could care about Molly and tell him it is either her or me and there is no friendship because you can't go that way watching him be with her. Make him decide he knows which one of you that he really has it for make him own up to it and live with it.
I would like to see you care about Molly and not see her used and settle for second best. Self respect is so important without it you have nothing and all guys will see you that way. People treat us the way we ask to be treated. How we ask to be treated comes from how we treat ourselves. If he knows he can get away with treating you second best and just use you on the side he will do it and that should be a real downer for you. There are too many great guys out there for you to put up with a guy who dumps you and then wants to keep it going at his convience. Believe me you will be second best not her. You have already lost him or it would have never gotten to this point so you have nothing to lose by putting it to him straight. It is her or you and make sure you can deal with the answer. If you can't then plan on being used and a lot more heart break.
Let me know what you decide and do,
Mary-Anne

Where you know you can come for Professional, personal, right on target advice, life skills, crisis intervention,ask questions, confide in guaranteed help. With all the traps, scams, perverts and sites out there that are very unsafe, this site is your safe place. I have been doing this for 10 years.