LFA Café

LFA Café

Register

Help needed with unbearable pain
Read 4706 times 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
September 30, 2001, 12:55:01 AM
­ Dear MaryAnne:

I live in constant pain and I am unable to get the pain controlled. I have used most types of pain medication. I am on “patches” at the moment and they are not holding my pain. I need to find something as I have no life. I literally can not function because of my pain. My pain is in my neck and my back from injuries and surgeries. Can you help me?
C

Where you know you can come for Professional, personal, right on target advice, life skills, crisis intervention,ask questions, confide in guaranteed help. With all the traps, scams, perverts and sites out there that are very unsafe, this site is your safe place. I have been doing this for 10 years.

September 30, 2001, 12:57:39 AM
­ Dear C:

I am so sorry about your pain and how it has inhibited your life. Unfortunately this is a very common problem and the medical profession still needs to be educated about pain management. I am working on educating the medical system especially doctors. We can all help educate doctors by telling them about our situations and asking them to confront this problem and not just blame us. OK, yes there are several things you can try for your pain so that you can get relief and work on getting your life back. One thing you can do is visit my web site that deals with all issues that people who are in chronic pain, ill or disabled are confronted with. It will be up by next week.
Next you can talk with your physician or go to a pain clinic or a teaching hospital and find out about getting a “morphine pump” placed in your back to control your pain. This is better than narcotic medications that have to be circulated throughout the body, which is not good for any of us. The morphine pump only places the morphine in the spinal column and does not disperse throughout the body. It will work on the pain you have in your neck and your back and not make you “foggy headed” or “sleepy” and all the other side affects of systemic narcotics.
You could also ask your doctor, he may have not heard of this, but he should have read about this. At a hospital in Kansas City Missouri called Research they did a great study using snails and just like a spinal they inject a part of this snail into the same area and the people in the study group states it is remarkable what the snail does as far as just really controlling pain. Also there are no side affects like with morphine or other narcotics. It seems to have been a very successful study. Maybe you can find out where else they are doing this research and go where the study is and get into this study. If it worked you could get your pain controlled and get your life back. Try it what have you got to lose?
You can also try alternative medical I have researched and found diet and specific foods can and do control pain just like they are a narcotic and the changes in the diets have actually stopped the pain.
Also there is Yoga. It is very helpful with neck and back injuries. I know some women who have actually totally healed themselves through Yoga. Again try it, it might work for your situation. You could also see a homeopath who also have great luck in controlling and healing neck and back pain. If you are interested in any Alternative treatments just let me know and I will help you learn about them and find what you choose in your area.
Thank you so much for writing,
God Bless,
MaryAnne

Where you know you can come for Professional, personal, right on target advice, life skills, crisis intervention,ask questions, confide in guaranteed help. With all the traps, scams, perverts and sites out there that are very unsafe, this site is your safe place. I have been doing this for 10 years.